The Rising Stars Award provides an annual spotlight on German American startups. It is free to enter, free to win and will be judged by VCs and industry peers. All finalists will be invited to the event and have the opportunity to pitch in front of the audience and a high profile jury. At the award ceremony, we will recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet, and technology innovations of the year.
- Startup of the Year
- Newcomer Award
- People’s choice
- Less than 10 years in business
- German company with subsidiary in the US or US company founded by a German
- Successful can mean: name recognition, external funding, market success, substantial revenues, innovative/technology background
- Application deadline June 30th, 2019
The jury will consider all entries and select the most promising applicants to demo at the award event.
The Startup of the Year as well as the Newcomer Award will be chosen by the jury and the Audience Award will be determined by the event attendees in real time.
Get the recognition you deserve and the support you need to drive your success to the next level. All GABA Rising Stars finalists will receive priority consideration for SAP Foundry and a one year entrepreneur membership to GABA. In addition all award winners will recieve all of the below prizes.
- One on one meeting for pitch review with Jens Horstmann, Chief Operating Officer at Salt Flats and former CEO, President of DVDPlay (became Redbox)
- Priority Consideration for SAP Foundry at SAP.iO
- One on one meeting with top-tier VC’s from NEA, Partech, Intel Capital and Sapphire Ventures
- Benchmarking session with Oliver Hanish – German Innovators Silicon Valley
- One full day of conference room time at no expense at HanaHaus
- Discounted co-location rack space with vXchange
Prize package estimated value over $10,000 (No cash value)